Google Summer of Code 2019 Project Work Submission
This summer I worked on FOSSASIA's Eventyay attendee android application. Our goal is to make the app stable, handle payments and take it to a production level.
With EventYay Attendee, you can browse through different events happening nearby or anywhere in the world. You can get detailed information about the events and buy tickets. The app also offers other features such as displaying ticket details and easy check-in using QR code. If that’s not enough, the app also allows you to favorite events and search events by their name.
Eventyay Attendee App provides features for users like:-
- All events by the organizers can be viewed
- Functionality to filter out events by date, time, location and event name is present.
- Users can buy tickets and register as attendees for any event
- Pay for their orders via PayPal and Stripe.
- All important event details such as location, date, and timing of the event can be viewed.
- Users can view all the tickets bought for an event with their status.
- Easy check-in using QR code for Tickets and see check-in timings.
- Users can view similar event
- Users have also the privilege to a favorite event
- Fix existing bugs in the project
- Update a pitch release for fixing bugs v0.2.1
- Change authentication process by using a new endpoint from the server
- Go for next minor release v0.3.0
- Display time-wise check-in for the tickets
- Add profile verification and revalidation
- Implement feature to apply discount codes
- Worked on notifications to update status and apply filter
- Handle app link intents
- Go for release v0.4.0
- Implement location feature for the f-droid build
- Add deep link for email verification and reset password
- Enable server configuration
- Worked on event's timezone and utils
- Worked on Travis, Fastlane and release v0.6.0
- Implement included and excluded tax information for tickets
- Worked on Stripe payments and error utils
- Add unit testing for app link intents
- Implement JWT refresh token authorization
- Go for release v0.7.0
- Blog posts
- Project presentation
- Outreach event 1: Eventyay, Facebook
- Outreach event 2: Eventyay, Facebook, Tweet
- Outreach event 3: Eventyay, Facebook, Tweet, Facebook post