- More API documentation
- Better error reporting
- Nicer error messages in the cli application
- Explicit validation of the encoder configuration
- The input Frame type can be expressed
cargo-fuzzsupport and documented its usage
- Better rate-control support
- Two-pass rate-control support
- Additional speedups over all the speed levels
- Tiles are now expressed in linear units (before were log2-units)
- The for color config enum variants now use the AV1 spec names
- The C-API is now part of the main repo, use cargo-c to build it
send_framecan consume bare
- Speed preset overhaul and rebalance
- Invalid encoder settings, that would trigger panics on execution, are now caught on validation phase.
- Desync caused by a discrepancy of what would be the tile dimension and the loop restoration filter dimension when using certain tile sizes.