Modify DNS for Optus supplied Huawei B315 4G modem
The Huawei B315 modem supplied by Optus for the (now defunt) Vividwireless service is a workable but sadly rather crippled device, even down to the inabiilty to modify assigned DNS servers from it's DHCP server away from Optus DNS to something sane (Google DNS/Cloudflare/etc.).
This script should allow for the easy update of assigned DNS servers and has been tested with Google Chrome.
- Log into router web UI (e.g.
- From the same browser session, open the "web developer tools" pane.
- Drop the contents of
Consolearea - modifying
- Run the script, updated DHCP settings are pushed and modem will restart.
- All DHCP leases should now receive updated DNS servers.
- Settings can be confirmed by:
- Logging once more into web UI.
- Look for
API endpoints of note
- List of connected Wi-Fi clients: