There are tons of widgets in the wild but I hope, this living collection and the sites and blogs I refer to will give you some visual suggestions and tips.
Place the content of sharethis_sidebar_head.html in the <head> section and the content of sharethis_sidebar_body.html at the bottom of the <body> section.
When you click on the last green ShareThis icon a pop-up window will be displayed where you can select further sharing options.
Some parts of the informations to be shared from the actual site and previewed in this pop-up window (e.g. the title, URL, a short site description and a thumbnail image) can be changed using so-called "Open Graph Tags". These are metatags which also have to be included in the <head> section.
For more options to modify and share these and further informations refer to the Sharethis article Share Properties and Sharing Custom Information.
Social Media Buttons (1)
Social Media Buttons (2)
Social Media Profiles
- Update: ShareThis metatags added to sharethis_sidebar_head.html.
- New: Added googleplus_widget.html (description follows).
- New: Added sharethis_buttons.html, sharethis_sidebar_body.html and sharethis_sidebar_head.html.
- New: Added social_media_buttons_1.html and social_media_buttons_2.html.
Templates and Images
- blogger.com - blog-publishing service bought and hosted by Google
- weebly.com - drag-and-drop website builder and web-hosting service
- sharethis.com - among other services ShareThis provides social sharing widgets for websites, blogging platforms and more
- dreamstale.com - free and premium backgrounds, icons, templates and more
- daringfireball.net - basic Markdown markup language syntax
- help.github.com/.../markdown-basics - GitHub help - Markdown basics
- help.github.com/.../github-flavored-markdown - GitHub help - GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM)
Content from source marco-it.de which has been originally created from the scratch by Michael Hemp is public domain (CC0 1.0).
For licenses for all further content based on other sources please refer to the license agreements on sources sites. If possible it will be sub-licensed under the same license the source has been agreed to.