- Get node binary (node.exe) from http://nodejs.org/download/
- Create the folder where node will reside and move node.exe to it
- Download the last zip version of npm from http://nodejs.org/dist/npm
- Unpack the zip inside the node folder
- Download the last tgz version of npm from http://nodejs.org/dist/npm
- Open the tgz file and unpack only the file bin/npm (without extension) directly on the node folder.
- Add the the node folder and the packages/bin folder to PATH
- On a command prompt execute
npm install -g npmto update npm to the latest version
Now you can use npm and node from windows cmd or from bash shell like Git Bash of msysgit.