This is the recipe I've been using since I got an Aeropress. I got it originally from Shawn Blanc; I'm not sure whether or not I've actually modified it from his original recipe.
- Put the two pieces of the Aeropress together; I like to line the bottom of the plunger up with middle of the (4) marker.
- Flip the Aeropress upside down. Note that you shouldn't have the filter/cap screwed on at the moment.
- (optionally) Pre-wet a filter and place it in the cap, and set it aside.
- Grind 15g of coffee about halfway between coarse (french press) and fine (espresso)--right in the middle of your grinder's settings. Pour it into the Aeropress.
- Boil your water, start your timer, and add 50ml of water to the Aeropress. Make sure all of the coffee gets wet and "blooms."
- After 45 seconds, add 200ml more water. Stir.
- Place the cap and filter on and screw it onto the top of the Aeropress.
- After another 45 seconds, carefully flip the Aeropress over on top of your mug. Slowly press the Aeropress down over the span of 30-45 seconds.