My Design Stack
These are the languages, frameworks, and tools I'm using in my day-to-day workflow, listed in no particular order. Items that make me go "Oh yeah!" or are my primary tools are marked in bold.
A Note on Process
My end-to-end process is front-loaded with research, sketches, whiteboarding, and figuring out a product spec with everyone that's involved in a project. My philosophy is: Design is not solely about deliverables; it's about understanding. It's not about a particular tool or language; it's about communication. It's not about pixels; it's about providing capability. I don't spend a lot of time in any particular application at first. The hardest thing to do well is figuring out what it is you want to design.
- SASS & SCSS
- Jinja (Python Templating Language)
- Python — Mostly routing and template rendering with Flask.
- Flask (Python Framework)
- Handlebars.js (JS Templating Language)
- Mustache (Logic-less Templating Language)
- Sublime Text 3
- iTerm 2
- Git CLI + GitHub
- Ghost Inspector
- Gulp (Build & compiler automation)
- CodeKit 2
- InVision (Prototypes & Workflows)
- Principle for Mac (High-fidelity Interaction Design & Animation)
- Pens & Paper
- ColorSchemer Pro
- Image Optim
- After Effects CC