- Tracing the computer from it's beginnings in philosophy and through logic and mathematics through to the current day.
black flag | ONE WEEK // ONE BAND
- The site is more than just this set of articles on the bad Black Flag. The premise is to take writer and give them space to expound on a band for a whole week.
Overthink everything. | Matthew Parsons& staring contest with the universe
- How I found the above. His shtick is a bit different though. He writes about a paragraph on every bit of media he's consuming.
No, Everything Does Not Happen for a Reason. Thank God for That. | Big Think
- Boy I wish folks would stop with this already.
Complexity and Strategy
- Why does computer software get overly complex as it ages? What can be done to combat this and when to pull the plug. How do modern development methods hurt or help?
- Best quote: So “free code” tends to be “free as in puppy” rather than “free as in beer”.
On Queer Privilege – Mask Magazine
- This is interesting but I can't really comment on if gay folks can be considered privileged within certain spaces or what this means. It does provide some food for thought while I contemplate my own privilege and intersectionality.
- Some thoughts about how Trump's (and Hitler's) misbehaviour slipped through the cracks of society.
Programming and Systems Eng
tool nerding out and other procrastination helpers
How to Index special characters and Search those special characters in Elasticsearch - Elasticsearch - Discuss the Elastic Stack
Elasticsearch: The Definitive Guide 2.x
Configure Security Groups for Your Classic Load Balancer - Elastic Load Balancing
How to Control Access to Your Amazon Elasticsearch Service Domain | AWS Security Blog
Recording keys for repeated jobs | Vim Tips Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Python, modules and plugins
Philip Guo - CPython internals: A ten-hour codewalk through the Python interpreter source code
How to return a dictionary | Python - Stack Overflow
correct way to define class variables in Python - Stack Overflow
Plain function or Callback - An example in Python
Lookup failed = Forbidden: https://www.google.com/search?q=Plugin.cb
How to use python & import function properly import() - Stack Overflow
Very basic 'plugin' system? : Python
Writing plug-ins in Python
Basic Usage & python-slackclient 1.0.1 documentation
Lookup failed = Forbidden: https://www.twilio.com/blog/2016/05/add-phone-calling-slack-python.html
python - Cache the result of a MySQLdb database query in memory - Stack Overflow
Getting Started with the Slack API using Python and Flask - Real Python
API Methods | Slack
errbot/slack.py at 546ccbbf94bbdc8f99826a91517f66a51ae10e5a · errbotio/errbot · GitHub
pyhole/client.py at master · jk0/pyhole · GitHub
mogbot/slack_mogbot.py at 998a4004102f34783bdcfc26b56e15655a0cc991 · iamlemec/mogbot · GitHub
GitHub - slackhq/python-rtmbot
API Methods | Slack
Lookup failed = Forbidden: https://m.signalvnoise.com/exponential-growth-devours-and-corrupts-c5562fbf131#.xuv5hq2sl
Lookup failed = Forbidden: http://blog.deadlypenguin.com/blog/2014/07/21/using-git-with-salesforce-and-distributed-teams/
Lookup failed = Forbidden: http://blog.deadlypenguin.com/blog/2012/02/09/vim-and-salesforce-development/
Insanely complete Ansible playbook, showing off all the options · GitHub
GitHub - herrbischoff/awesome-osx-command-line: Use your OS X terminal shell to do awesome things.