AWS Certification notes
Those are my personal notes on AWS Solution Architect certification preparation. Hope you find them usefull.
To pass AWS certification, you should have:
- Sound knowledge about most of the AWS services ( EC2, VPC, RDS, Cloudfront, S3, Route53 etc,)
- Hands on experience with AWS services.
- Good knowledge of disaster recovery, security and High availability architectures.
If you do not have prior hands-on experience and knowledge or you have little knowledge about AWS services, it is better to take an online course. If you already have experience in architecting solutions on AWS it is not necessary to take an online course.
- Get started
- Read the docs
- Courses & labs
- Articles & guides
1. Get started with AWS free-tier account
Sign-up for the free-tier and test as much as you can for free. Play around the basic services, create lot's of resources and example apps on java, php, ruby or other platform.
2. Read all the docs
Read as much as you can the online documentation, including but not limited:
- Whitepapers - Best practices, Security, Migration, Adoption, Business Value.
- FAQ sections - Mostly for the core services as EC2, S3, ELB, Route53.
- Official documentation - As well, read everything about the core services and as much as you can for the rest.
- Videos - Watch some of the re:Invent and introductional videos.
3. Do lot's of labs & courses
- qwikLab profile - Do as much as you can labs, especially the exam preparation ones.
- Cloud Academy profile - Sign-up for the free 7 days trial and do the AWS learning paths and as much as quizzes as you can.
- Linux Academy profile - Sign-up and do the AWS courses and again, as much as quizzes as you can.
- [Acloud.guru] (https://acloud.guru/) profile - Easy to follow courses, also available on Udemy. The qiuzes sometimes contains questions outside of the course which might be frustrating, but very good videos.
- AWS Masterclass
- AWS re:Invent 2015 | (ARC301) Scaling Up to Your First 10 Million Users
- AWS re:Invent 2015 | (CMP302) Amazon ECS: Distributed Applications at Scale
5. Read books on the topic
6. Read additional materials, posts and articles
- Awesome AWS - A curated list of awesome Amazon Web Services (AWS) libraries, open source repos, guides, blogs, and other resources.
- Beginner guide to scaling on AWS - How do you scale a system from one user to more than 11 million users? Find out in the link.
- AWS Whitepaper tracking script - Repository with easy way to follow all whitepapers.
- Solutions Architect—Professional Certification for AWS (2016)
- DevOps Engineer — Professional Certification for AWS (2016)
- A detailed Syllabus for AWS SysOps Certification
- AWS Certification: What to expect at the Exam
- How I got 5 AWS Certifications in 11 days
- Pro Solutions Architect - certification tips
- Pro Solutions Architect - exam tips
- Pro Solutions Architect - The road to success
- Passing the Pro Solutions Architect exam
- Solutions Acrhitect Pro in /r/aws - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- DevOps in /r/aws - 1 2 3
- ozAWS - Passing DevOps & SA Pro
Thanks for sharing!