- Update HISTORY.rst
- Commit the changes:
git add HISTORY.rst git commit -m "Changelog for upcoming release 0.1.1."
- Update version number (can also be minor or major)
- Install the package again for local development, but with the new version number:
python setup.py develop
- Run the tests:
- Release on PyPI by uploading both sdist and wheel:
python setup.py sdist upload python setup.py bdist_wheel upload
- Test that it pip installs:
mktmpenv pip install my_project <try out my_project> deactivate
- Push tags:
git push --tags
- Check the PyPI listing page to make sure that the README, release notes, and roadmap display properly. If not, copy and paste the RestructuredText into http://rst.ninjs.org/ to find out what broke the formatting.
- Edit the release on GitHub (e.g. https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter/releases). Paste the release notes into the release's release page, and come up with a title for the release.