B2 Intermission Work
Answer these Check for Understanding questions as you work through the assignments.
- What is HTML?
- What is an HTML element?
- What is an HTML attribute?
- What is the difference between a class and an id? When would you use one vs. the other?
- What HTML would you write to create a form for a new dog with a "name" and an "age"?
- What are semantic tags? When would you use them over a
- Explain what each of the following HTML tags do and when you would use them:
- What is CSS?
- What is a CSS selector? How do you use the ID selector? The class selector?
- What are the three ways to include CSS in your HTML documents? What are the pros and cons of each?
- What is the Box Model? Describe each component of the Box Model.
Jumpstart Lab Tutorial
- What is a database?
- What is SQL?
- What is SQLite3?
- What is a Table?
- What is a primary key?
- What is a foreign key?
- Explain what each of the following SQL commands do:
- order by
- inner join
- How can you limit which columns you select from a table?
- How can you limit which rows you select from a table?
- How can you give a selected column a different name in your output?
- How can you sort your output from a SQL statement?
- What is joining? When do you need to join?
- What is an aggregate function?
- List three aggregate functions and what they do.
- What does the
- How does the
groupstatement relate to aggregates?
Rails Tutorial: Task Manager
Copy and Paste the link to your Task Manager repo here: Copy and Paste the link to your Static Challenge here:
- Define CRUD.
- Define MVC.
- What three files would you need to create/modify for a Rails application to respond to a
/tasks, assuming you have a
- What are params? Where do they come from?
- Check out your routes. Why do we need two routes each for creating a new Task and editing an existing Task?