Getting grunt to work with Cygwin and git on Windows is a bit difficult considering the cygwin package that is installed by git has an outdated version of node running on it (at least that was the case in Windows XP). There are several issues to work through:
- Cygwin by default installs an old version of node, this was only the case in my Windows XP machine.
- Open Cygwin shell
which nodetells you where the executable is
node --versiontells you if it's old
cdto the directory listed by
mv node.exe node.exe.bak
- download node from nodejs.org and install it
- Node installed through installer MIGHT not update PATH to point to correct version of node installed normally.
- on my Windows XP: it was
/c/Documents and Settings/mike/Application Data/npm:/c/Program Files/nodejs
- on my Windows 7 machine: it was in
/c/Users/Mike Sherov/AppData/Roaming/npm:/c/Program Files (x86)/nodejs/
- to see current path:
- to set path:
export PATH="your path here"
- i added
/c/Documents and Settings/mike/Application Data/npm:/c/Program Files/nodejs:to my path
- grunt needs to be installed globally and locally
cdto your jquery top level directory
npm installwill install local grunt and grunt-compare-size
npm install -g gruntwill install the global grunt that is recognized as in the PATH
that should be it, at least that's what worked for me