This is reaction to article Using local packges as composer dependencies.
The described technique bothers for two main things (mentioned on the article end):
- after every dependency package change (even one single character) you have to commit changes
- after that you have to call composer update (on big project, you have to wait few seconds for autoload.php is created)
My best technique is:
- create project by composer with all dependencies
- drop developed dependencies from composer.json and run composer update (or just delete them in vendor folder)
- clone all dependencies into project/libs-dev/... subdirecotries (or link them by file system links)