If you love Ruby and live in San Francisco (or would like to), then this job is for you. Whether you're fresh out of college or a seasoned veteran does not matter that much, as long as you care about writing great Ruby code, and have a desire to work on exciting projects where you get to put a dent in the world.
You'll be joining my personal team of extremely talented engineers who are dedicated to improving our application infrastructure and have fun doing it. This means:
- Refactoring the existing code base, turning existing patterns into libraries
- Publish lots of open source and contribute where we can
- Providing great APIs and tools for our fellow engineers to work with
- Going deep, sorting out performance problems and settling debt
- Build new cool services to help take Zendesk to the next level
We lay the foundation for the features of tomorrow in an application that strives to make the world a better place - at a rate of 4 billion requests a month. Performance and code quality matters.
You're well versed in Ruby and think it could be exciting to join a tight knit team of Ruby specialists (who happen to be great guys as well).
If you'd like to know more about Zendesk, then check out the video on our careers page. If you'd like to hear more about the job or even apply, then send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - I'm quite friendly and look forward to hearing from you.
Founder and CTO at Zendesk