OCId implements the kubernetes Container Runtime Interface to support OCI compatible runtimes for the kubelet.
- Provide easy integration for OCI compatible runtimes with the kubelet.
- Provide pluggable image management and storage management functionality.
Details of the various aspects of this work have been discussed here: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/26788 Work done so far is here: https://github.com/mrunalp/ocid
Here is a rough roadmap with timelines:
- 1 month: Basic pod/container lifecycle, basic image pull (already works)
- 2 months: Support for tty handling and state management
- 2.5 months: Basic integration with kubelet once client side changes are ready
- 3 months: Support for log management, networking integration using CNI, pluggable image/storage management
- 4 months: Support for exec/attach
- 6 months: Target fully automated kubernetes testing without failures
- Vishnu Kannan
- Dawn Chen
- mrunalp (Mrunal Patel)
- runcom (Antonio Murdaca)
- yujuhong (Yuju Hong)