Primitive types on the Common Language Runtime have different names depending on who you ask
- CIL names used in Common Intermediate Language bytecode instructions like
- CTS names used in the Common Type System that underlies languages running on the CLR
- .NET names used in the .NET framework. These are the names of the classes that correspond to the primitive types, and will show up in stack traces and reflection.
- C# names used in C# syntax
- F# names used in F# syntax
| CIL | CTS | .NET | C# | F# |