- SC1000 $ is not used specially and should therefore be escaped.
- SC1001 This
\owill be a regular 'o' in this context.
- SC1003 Want to escape a single quote? echo 'This is how it'\''s done'.
- SC1004 This backslash+linefeed is literal. Break outside single quotes if you just want to break the line.
- SC1007 Remove space after = if trying to assign a value (or for empty string, use var='' ... ).
- SC1008 This shebang was unrecognized. ShellCheck only supports sh/bash/dash/ksh. Add a 'shell' directive to specify.
- SC1009 The mentioned parser error was in ...
- SC1010 Use semicolo
Story: Writing Scripts with Go
This is a story about how I tried to use Go for scripting. In this story, I’ll discuss the need for a Go script, how we would expect it to behave and the possible implementations; During the discussion I’ll deep dive to scripts, shells, and shebangs. Finally, we’ll discuss solutions that will make Go scripts work.
Why Go is good for scripting?
While python and bash are popular scripting languages, C, C++ and Java are not used for scripts at all, and some languages are somewhere in between.