Web Developer & Computer Scientist
- Software developer with over 10 years of full-time, freelance and hobbyist experience in developing high-end, database-driven web applications.
- Over 7 years of experience in developing and running high-availability microservices and applications in production using Node.js.
- Expert in MySQL database administration including performance and high availability.
- Very diverse skill set in software development (including the adaption of software design patterns), Linux server administration, and technical support.
- Able to work independently, recognizing problems and finding suitable solutions.
- Able to collaborate with a team, managing and delegating tasks appropriately and efficiently.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and patience.
- "Team glue", good at bringing teams together at a personal level.
- Highly interested in new technologies, methods and web standards, engaged and active within developer communities.
Programming Languages and Tools
MySQL, NDB, MongoDB, Solr, SQLite
Web Standards and Frameworks
HTML5, WebSockets, CSS/SASS, XML/XSLT, AJAX, REST, SOAP
Operating Systems and DevOps Tools
Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS), UNIX (macOS, Solaris, FreeBSD), Windows; Docker, Git, Subversion, Jira
Internet and Network Technologies
TCP/IP, IPv6, DNS, NFS, SSH, LDAP, Apache, nginx, SMB, server administration, interoperability between UNIX and Windows systems
Photography, Graphical Visualization, Design and Prepress
Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign
BörseGo AG, Munich
Software Developer, 09/2009 - present
- Development of large PHP and Node.js web and backend applications in financial context.
- Concept, implementation and operation of a Node.js and WebSocket-based generic high-traffic event push service for various sites and services.
- Concept and development of a powerful Open Source REST API framework, available at https://github.com/godmodelabs/flora
- Maintenance and migration of legacy PHP databases and large applications.
Freelance and Voluntary Work
Software Developer, 2006 - present
- Web development, design and consulting, e.g. for Siemens, LMU München, personal projects
- Contributions to various Open Source Software projects, some of which are available at https://github.com/nicokaiser.
Linksystem München GmbH
Web Designer & Web Developer, 01/1999 - 09/2009
- Planning and development of web applications in direct liaison with clients.
- User interface design and implementation of custom-made solutions using PHP, HTML/CSS, MySQL, Midgard Content Management Framework, PostgreSQL, Perl.
- Co-development of the first version of MidCOM, a component framework on top of the Midgard CMF. http://midgard-project.org/midcom/
Siemens I&C Training Institute
Webmaster and Working Student, 11/2005 - 03/2007
- Webmaster for Intranet and Internet portals.
- Web application development and administration using ASP.NET, PHP and Perl.
Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich, IBE
Civilian Service (in lieu of military service), 11/2000 - 09/2001
- Planning, implementation and administration of various Intranet and Internet applications
- Development of custom-tailored medical database solutions.
Technische Universität München
Studies of Computer Science, 10/2001 - 02/2009
- Degree: Diplom-Informatiker univ. (grade: 1.7)
- Subsidiary subject: Business Studies
- German: native speaker
- English: fluent, good written level
- French: beginner level
- Spanish: beginner level
Hobbies and Interests
- Socialising with friends and family
- Music: accordion and bandoneon (classical, jazz, tango, folk), member of various ensembles and orchestras
- Photography (analog, digital) and digital post-processing, https://kaiser.photo
- Technical playground and Open Source Software contributions, https://github.com/nicokaiser
XML-Based Visualization of Design and Completeness in Medical Databases (M. Dugas, K. Kuhn, N. Kaiser, K. Überla) Informatics for Health and Social Care, 2001, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp 237-250
Awareness Services in Open-Innovation-Communities - A Fame-Mirror-System as an Example. Diploma Thesis in Computer Science, 2009, Technische Universität München
Computer Based Training Server: a Free, Reliable, and Scalable Platform for Web-Based Courses (M. Batschkus, M. Dugas, A. Brandmaier, T. Heilmann, M. Jehle, N. Kaiser, N. Engelhardt, K Schmidt) Multimedia-Lerncenter-Medizin, IBE, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Available on request.