- Organisation: Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL) at UN Foundation
- DIAL Sub-Org: Pocket Science Lab
- Student: NAVEEN S R
- Social: Email, GitHub & Gitter, LinkedIn
- Project: Circuitpython busio compatibility layer for pslab-python
The PSLab project has many instruments and supports some external sensors, but there are many sensors which are supported by pslab board yet to be implemented. Since Adafruit maintains a large repository of sensor drivers, we can make use of it by writing a compatibility layer between busio and pslab-python. In this project, I will refactor pslab-python’s serial bus modules and add busio wrapper which uses pslab-python’s modules internally.
- Refactored I2C and Added
_I2CPrimitiveto reducing code duplication.
- Added I2C of circuitpython's busio compatibility layer for pslab-python.
Moved SPI functionalities from
pslab/bus/spi.pyand Refactored SPI.
_SPIPrimitiveto reducing code duplication.
Improvement at set_gain in PGA, to reset SPI configuration if the config is not supported by PGA while setting gain value.
Wrote tests for
- Added SPI of circuitpython's busio compatibility layer for pslab-python.
Moved UART functionalities from
pslab/bus/uart.pyand Refactored UART.
_UARTPrimitiveto reducing code duplication.
Wrote tests for
- Added UART of circuitpython's busio compatibility layer for pslab-python.
Weekly Standup Blogs posted on DIAL Community Hub can be found under the topic PSLab: Circuitpython busio compatibility layer for pslab-python
All the scrums updates during the GSoC period can be found here.
Thank you DIAL and PSLab for this amazing experience.