Here's my idea of what goes in a run book for an application:
- On which servers it is installed
- Databases to which it connects (externally managed, not embedded)
- how to start/stop, i.e. actual command line or script to execute
- Scheduled batch jobs / EOD processes. Not the actual schedule, but when they generally run (EOD, overnight, etc)
- Where to find log files
- How to verify that it's actually running
- A screen shot of the login page and one or two application pages is helpful.
Architecture diagrams and/or a complete description of the architecture should be optional.