- How many keys do you want ie. do you need function keys / cursor arrow keys / numpad?
- Do you like loud clicky keys, bumpy tactile, or linear fast to hit keys?
- Do you want to be able to swap out switches for different ones or mix / match your switches?
- Do you need it to be portable?
- Do you want LED lighting?
- Do you want to program it with macros to be highly custom?
- Do you want USB-c?
- Windows or Mac?
- Do you want split / ergonomic / ortholinear?
- Do you want to use custom / creative keycap sets or keep it OEM?
- The most important question is: are you ready to accept you'll never find one that meets every single one of your needs unless you make it from scratch, and even then there'll be compromises based on ability and material costs?
Mech Keyboard Questions to ask yourself
@stubailo there are tons of good split keyboards, you just need to find them ;)
Open to recommendations.