Create the Grafana Dashboard Container for BigStats on AWS
Updated: August 21, 2018
NOTE: This setup is used as an exporter destination for BigStats: https://npearce.github.io
Create the Instance
On the AWS Console:
- In 'Instances', click 'Luanch Instance'.
- Select 'Amazon Linux 2 AMI (HVM), SSD Volume Type'
- Select 't2.micro' (perfectly fine for lab testing), and click 'Next: Configure Instance Details'
- Select the appropriate 'Network' and 'subnet' for your environment that can reach your BIG-IP mangement interface. Click 'Review and Launch'.
- Apply the correct Securty Group to access:
- StatsD 8125/tcp, 8125/tcp
- Graphite UI: 80/tcp
- Grafana UI: 3000/tcp
- SSH to the docker host: 22/tcp
- Click 'Launch'
- Select the appropriate key pair you have access to, click 'Launch Instances'.
- Click 'View Instances' to be taken to the newly reated instance and watch it boot!
Once the 'Status Checks' transition from Initializing to '2/2 checks passed':
Start the containers
- Clone the docker-compose file:
git clone https://github.com/f5devcentral/BigStats_Grafana_Compose
- Enter the repo directory:
- Start the Graphite/StatsD and Grafana containers:
docker-compose up -d
You should be able to access the GraphiteDB time series database Web UI on:
You should be able to access the Grafana Web UI on: