Warning: Use at your own risk
I assume no responsibility for the use of these instructions, or any negative impact they may have. You probably shouldn't do this. (Unless you really, truly hate vile cruftware like Java.)
Let the games begin
- Reboot into Recovery Mode.
- Power-on and hold
⌘ + Runtil Apple Logo appears.
- If your hard drive is encrypted:
- Start "Restore From Time Machine Backup"
- Click "Continue" until you are asked to unlock the hard drive.
- Enter your password, then quit Time Machine Restore.
- From the menu bar, choose
Utilities -> Terminal
- Delete that jazz:
cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD
rm -rf usr/bin/java*
rm -rf usr/lib/java
rm -rf usr/libexec/java_home
rm -rf usr/share/java
rm -rf usr/share/man/man1/java*
rm -rf System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.Framework
rm -rf System/Library/Java
- Good riddance to bad rubbish.