- 1 zucchini
- Olive oil
- 1 tomato
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Chipotle sauce (can replace with 2 tbsp tomato concentrate and chili/tabasco/kaitaia fire)
- 1 cup orzo / rizoni pasta
- 20g butter
- Melty cheese (mild cheddar, gouda, or emmental), grated or cut in thin strips
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and emptied of the center. Keep the center.
- Oil a pan that goes in the oven, put the zucchini halves facing up, salt and pepper, 180°C for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile get water boiling for pasta.
- In a small saucepan on high add 2 tsp olive oil, the center of the zucchini (possibly minus the seeds if there's too many — my zuc was young so none of that), one tomato diced, salt (I used a pinch of coarse), chipotle sauce (about 1-2 tbsp, to taste). Stir frequently.
- In the boiling water add 1 cup of orzo / rizoni pasta. Cook for 5 minutes.
- At some point before it burns add 1/2 cup of water to the saucepan.
- When 5 minutes are up, drain the pasta, add to the saucepan, add about 10-20grams of butter.
- Keep cooking and stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take zucchini out of the oven, fill with the sauce+pasta mix, put what doesn't fit in/on the zucs around them.
- Cut thin strips (or just grate) cheese. I used emmental because I have that, but probably mild cheddar or a gouda would do. Add on top.
- Back in the oven at 150°C for 20 minutes.
Probably would want to peel the zucs. I didn't, but I know where they come from.