Sonian is looking to add more members to our Devops Team.
Why do we call it the "Devops" team?
Because members of our team both develop code and manage the deployment and operation of the systems. We also work to empower our front-end and platform engineers with getting their code deployed as easily and safely as possible.
What do we do?
- We manage hundreds of compute instances across multiple clouds, including a petabyte of data.
- We write the code to help facilitate deploying our application to new public clouds.
- We automate everything we possibly can
- We build up awesome applications, and then opensource them (Perhaps you've heard of our monitoring framework Sensu)
- We build applications to manage every aspect of our compute and storage infrastructure, from deploying code, to provisioning systems on multiple clouds, to securing access control. For every problem - there is a code solution.
- We have an awesome time working together on technologies that very few (if any) other companies are doing today.
- We have days where all we do is hack on a specific project - leave the day-to-day tasks for the next day.
- We meet up 2-3 times a year in Boston - with the rest of the company.
What are we looking for in a new member of our team?
- Excitement, energy and a willingness to learn something new.
- The ability to take a task from idea to code to testing to deploy (all within a short amount of time).
- Bring new ideas around project or processes to the team - if we like it - we'll do it.
- You can work from home, from our Newton, MA headquarters, or your local coffee shop. Anywhere with Internet access.
- You'll be part of an on-call rotation with the rest of our team.
- Flexible person who can work by themselves or pair with their team to teach or learn.
What are some things you should know or have worked with before? (Some, many or all)
- System administration with Ubuntu (includes security, logging, monitoring, etc, etc)
- Knowledge of Openstack is a plus
- A love for making complex configuration and systems simple via automation
- Continuous Deployment
- Agile Development/Kanban
Send me a quick message on why you might be a good fit (maybe include your github URL if you have one)- and a way to contact you back.