Lesson's learnt building the Guardian
Below is a collection of my favourite responses I gathered from Guardian engineers when asked the question: What have you learnt starting from scratch and building a mobile-first next generation web platform for the Guardian?
Daithi O Crualaoich
- Work with great people.
- Deploy like crazy. This means the team has to control the infrastructure as well as code.
- Design is not a service. Designers have to sit in the team.
- Infrastructure is intrinsically unreliable. Discard and replace is the robust strategy.
- Use your CDN for HTML too.
- Don't always do as you are told.