Are you a creative type who loves designing and improving user experiences? Are you usually the person whose UX ideas and suggestions are (eventually) adopted as what goes into the final product? Do you like working with small, close-knit teams where you can have a tremendous impact? Do you like going from pen and paper straight to a browser mockup without having to start up Photoshop?
Veritaseum, Inc. is seeking a UI/UX developer. (We sketch, then we mockup in markup; no PSDs.)
We are flexible as to formalizing relationships, but contractors should be prepared for an open-ended engagement.
- If you’re not already familiar with our application, download it, start it up in
Demo Mode, get your wallet address, grab some test coins (e.g., from here or here), and try a few trades.
- Familiarize yourself with the
My Tradestab. The table is updated periodically from queries to/from our (for now private) API. The columns are sortable. The check boxes at the bottom filter the displayed results.
- Mock up a very quick-and-dirty web-app version of the
My TradesUI. It (obviously) doesn’t have to call out to our API, and it shouldn't be too fancy, but it should demonstrate some responsiveness to user input. Be prepared to explain or defend any departures or improvements you make, as well as any third party tool choices.
- Send a link to your demo, along with your availability, time zone, compensation expectations, portfolio, references, and LinkedIn profile to
> > > SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE ABOVE WILL BE IGNORED < < <
You are expected to have:
- expertise in HTML5/CSS3 and best practices
- proficiency with modern distributed revision control systems (
- a solid understanding of basic rapid software development best practices (unit tests, continuous integration, pull requests, etc.)
- exposure to some collaborative software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
Your responsibilities will include:
- quickly gathering a deep understanding our existing product(s)
- helping to drive user story creation and user experience design
- working directly with application and back-end developers to ship awesome web-based applications
Experience designing web-based financial applications, or with Bitcoin protocol or related technologies is a huge plus, but not necessary. You must be willing to sign an NDA. You should be knowledgeable and competent, but grit is preferred to genius. If we like your submission and invite you to proceed, please be prepared to share your repository (GitHub is prefered, but Bitbucket, Launchpad, etc. are okay too).