The Tampermonkey script adds the embedded webclient of Hypothes.is to any webpage, similar to the Bookmarklet. The main difference is that it is active by default and you do not need to click on the Bookmarklet.
This is espacially usefull for Firefox as there is no extension available.
<script src="https://hypothes.is/embed.js" async></script>
- Click on the RAW button next to "add-hypothesis-webclient-every-site.user.js" and the script should open in the tampermonkey editor.
- After installing the Hypothes.is script, the controls appear on the upper right of the Browserwindow, when loading a website 3. Now you can start annotating.
- Accesslists and blocklists for certain domains can be defined in the tampermonkey extensions settings.
- You can also fork the gist and install from there or copy the source and create a new script in the tampermonkey editor.
I've only tested the script with tampermonkey & Firefox on a Mac. The script should also work with Greasemonkey and other Browser / OS Versions.
- Tampermonkey is available for Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera Next, and Firefox.
Licensed under the MIT license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php