10 Ways to improve Github Issues
I love the new GitHub issues, here are some ideas to make it perfect, ordered by priority:
1. I should be able to pick the assignee and milestone via keyboard when creating a new ticket
2. Keyboard shortcuts should work everywhere. E.g. when viewing an existing issue, 'c' does not work.
3. After creating an issue, the assigned user / milestone should be remembered and pre-filled.
4. Allow assigning a different user while commenting. Right now this deletes my half-typed comment.
5. When typing the @ symbol to mention somebody, it should auto-complete the name.
6. Things feel a little sluggish right now, any speed improvements would be very welcome.
7. It seems that I can only change the due date of a Milestone, but not remove it entirely.
8. Bringing the voting feature back would be great for public repositories.
9. Show who is going to be notified when typing a comment / creating an issue. Similar to pull request.
10. Campfire Notifications for changes to issue would kick serious ass.
If you agree, please RT or fork this gist!