This is a list of websites that have problems rendering or loading with the Haiku port of WebKit, as well as some general notes about what needs to be done.
Web+ and WebKit
- http://haikuports.org : use of CSS fonts. Why does this work on github and not here ? Different font rendering mode maybe ? (never works here)
- Scrollbars don't render
- Page stops drawing when scrolling too far down
- http://gist.github.com: ACE editor caret is off (+1 or 2 pixels per char)
- http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/ PDF doesn't render
- http://maps.yandex.ru and http://openstreetmaps.org - map is shown at window top/left instead of the expected location in the page.
- http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/ CSS testsuite (see dedicated document below)
- testsuite.opera.com/cookies : some tests still fail (2/cookie2 (do we ned that?), 15-17) + review all the negative tests
- http://w3c-test.org/webapps/XMLHttpRequest/tests/submissions/Opera (see detailed document)
- http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/XMLHttpRequest/ XmlHttpRequest testsuite. Not sure which part of it are failing because of network backend or bugs in old WebKit ?
- http://haiku-files.org/files/hpkg/ can't download (data shown in webpage instead)
- http://github.com can't dismiss notifications
Optimizations and improvements :
- Support for ftp and gopher.
- See if reusing TCP connexions (in HTTP 1.1) instead of closing/reopening them is possible.
- Improve caching of resolved DNS names. I'm not sure they are cached anywhere and this can add up to a big part of the loading time.
- All SSL certificates will be accepted. Check against cacerts and allow adding exceptions.
- Fix the distcc testsuite to work on Haiku https://code.google.com/p/distcc/issues/detail?id=131
- distcc pump mode crashes python
- distcc creates .distcc in home folder
- ruby doesn't support utf-16, and fails at wdiff in the testsuites.
- Fix the IPv6 BNetworkAddress bug and remove the workaround in services kit
- https: validate certificates. currently all certificates will be accepted without any warning to the user
- implement cookie2 spec (is it actually used anywhere ?)
- html5 audio/video support
- Web Notifications
- Allow changing user agent
- Boomark bar
- cookie manager UI