Backdrop Core Merging Guidelines
Set up your repo for committing
Check your Git config settings to ensure you have the right name/email for your committing process.
git config --get-regexp user
Set up a remote to the core repository. I use "backdrop" as the remote name to distinguish it from my personal fork, which might be called "origin". That way I don't accidentally push up to origin and affect the Backdrop history.
git remote add backdrop email@example.com:backdrop/backdrop.git
To Merge an Individual Issue:
- Find issue via RTBC (https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22pr+-+reviewed+%26+tested+by+the+community%22)
- Use "Squash and Merge" button so you can both simplify commit history, make it easier to revert, and also change the commit message to clean it up. Commit message should be Issue #: Short(ish) message. We do not require the less than 80 character messages. Messages should be written as a sentence, starting with a capital letter and with a period.
Issue #3286: Add primary tabs as color option in Basis.
- While merging include credits in the extended description if there are multiple people, @ mentioning each person. Any person that reported, tested, filed a PR, or had meaningful contribution should be included.
By @herbdool and @oadaeh.
- If this fix should go into the current version: On your local, checkout
git pull. Then switch to
1.[minor-version]branch and cherry-pick the commit into the minor release.
# Make sure 1.11.x is up-to-date git checkout 1.11.x git pull backdrop 1.11.x # Pull down latest commits on 1.x. git fetch backdrop git cherry-pick [commit-hash] git push backdrop 1.11.x
- In the PR, post a commit saying the commit has been merged into 1.x and 1.[minor-version] branches.
Thank you! Merged into 1.x and 1.11.x.
- And go over the related issue. Post a full thank you to all involved. And indicate which PR was merged and into which branches it was merged.
Thank you @herbdool and @oadaeh! Merged https://github.com/backdrop/backdrop-issues/issues/3286 into 1.x and 1.11.x.