This is a dataset that contains information about nuclear explosions from 1945 to 1998; it was originally created by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. The data contains the date and year of the explosion, an ID, which country deployed the device, where the device was deployed, the source who reported the deployment, the latitude and longitude of where the device was deployed, magnitude and depth of the deployment, the purpose, the name of the device, and the method of deployment.
Other Information from Assignment
- What countries deploy the most nuclear devices and how do the compare to each other?
- How does the deployment area of nuclear explosions change over time?
- How does the countires that deployed the nuclear devices change over time?
- Where are the explosions deployed compared to which country deployed it?
- Country: Categorical
- Source: Categorical
- Date: Quantitive
- Latitude/Longitude: Quantitive (I believe)
- Purpose: Categorical
- Type: Categorical
Idea: Have a map where the user could interact with the different explosions over time.