- Add your project logo.
- Write a short introduction to the project.
- If you are using badges, add them here.
Add a detailed introduction about the project here, everything you want the reader to know.
Write about how to use this project.
- Steps on how to install this project, to use it.
- Be very detailed here, For example, if you have tools which run on different operating systems, write installation steps for all of them.
$ add installations steps if you have to.
- Commands to start the project.
If you want other people to contribute to this project, this is the section, make sure you always add this.
List all the pre-requisites the system needs to develop this project.
- A tool
- B tool
🔩 Development Environment
Write about setting up the working environment for your project.
- How to download the project...
- How to install dependencies...
📁 File Structure
Add a file structure here with the basic details about files, below is an example.
Write the build Instruction here.
Write the deployment instruction here.
If it's open-source, talk about the community here, ask social media links and other links.
Your contributions are always welcome and appreciated. Following are the things you can do to contribute to this project.
Report a bug
If you think you have encountered a bug, and I should know about it, feel free to report it here and I will take care of it.
Request a feature
You can also request for a feature here, and if it will viable, it will be picked for development.
Create a pull request
It can't get better then this, your pull request will be appreciated by the community. You can get started by picking up any open issues from here and make a pull request.
I use an agile continuous integration methodology, so the version is frequently updated and development is really fast.
stageis the development branch.
masteris the production branch.
No other permanent branches should be created in the main repository, you can create feature branches but they should get merged with the master.
Steps to work with feature branch
- To start working on a new feature, create a new branch prefixed with
featand followed by feature name. (ie.
- Once you are done with your changes, you can raise PR.
Steps to create a pull request
- Make a PR to
- Comply with the best practices and guidelines e.g. where the PR concerns visual elements it should have an image showing the effect.
- It must pass all continuous integration checks and get positive reviews.
After this, changes will be merged.
coding guidelines or other things you want people to follow should follow.
You can optionally add a FAQ section about the project.
Add important resources here
Pictures of your project.
Credit the authors here.
Add a license here, or a link to it.