Falsehoods programmers believe about prices
- You can store a price in a floating point variable.
- All currencies are subdivided in 1/100th units (like US dollar/cents, euro/eurocents etc.).
- All currencies are subdivided in decimal units (like dinar/fils)
- All currencies currently in circulation are subdivided in decimal units. (to exclude shillings, pennies) (counter-example: MGA)
- All currencies are subdivided. (counter-examples: KRW, COP, JPY... Or subdivisions can be deprecated.)
- Prices can't have more precision than the smaller sub-unit of the currency. (e.g. gas prices)
- For any currency you can have a price of 1. (ZWL)
- Every country has its own currency. (EUR is the best example, but also Franc CFA, etc.)