Mega65 gaming competition: how to run the emulator
If you want to run the Mega65 emulator for the Mega65 x-mas gaming competition follow these steps:
- Download the mega65 emulator from here: https://github.lgb.hu/xemu/
- Run the
xmega65binary (not the
- It will complain about missing rom files and missing SD
- Click Ok, and let it create the SD image
- It will enter into an infinite boot loop (don't worry, that's Ok).
( ... leave it running ... )
- Search for the file
911001.binin the internet (Google is your friend) And download it.
- The gaming competition requires to use version:
- This file is not available for download. You have to create it yourself.
920224.BDFfile (this is the patch file) from here: https://files.mega65.org/html/main.php?id=fd2c40b9-f337-41f7-8a81-0254b1e09fb5
apt install bsdiff
- Windows: https://www.chip.de/downloads/BSPatch_149236388.html
- Source code: https://github.com/aburgh/bsdiff
- Do the patch:
bspatch 911001.bin new-920224.bin 920224.BDFA new file called
new-920224.binshould be created.
(... now back to the xmega65 emulator ...)
- Right click on the middle of the xmega65 screen
- Menu -> SD-Card -> Update files from SD Image