Short (72 chars or less) summary More detailed explanatory text. Wrap it to 72 characters. The blank line separating the summary from the body is critical (unless you omit the body entirely). Write your commit message in the imperative: "Fix bug" and not "Fixed bug" or "Fixes bug." This convention matches up with commit messages generated by commands like git merge and git revert. Further paragraphs come after blank lines. - Bullet points are okay, too. - Typically a hyphen or asterisk is used for the bullet, followed by a single space. Use a hanging indent.
Add CPU arch filter scheduler support In a mixed environment of…
If applied, this commit will <your subject line here>
- Separate subject from body with a blank line
- Do not end the subject line with a period
- Capitalize the subject line and each paragraph
- Use the imperative mood in the subject line
- Wrap lines at 72 characters
- Use the body to explain what and why you have done something. In most cases, you can leave out details about how a change has been made.
- Describe why a change is being made.
- How does it address the issue?
- What effects does the patch have?
- Do not assume the reviewer understands what the original problem was.
- Do not assume the code is self-evident/self-documenting.
- Read the commit message to see if it hints at improved code structure.
- The first commit line is the most important.
- Describe any limitations of the current code.
- Do not include patch set-specific comments.
Details for each point and good commit message examples can be found on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages#Information_in_commit_messages
If the commit refers to an issue, add this information to the commit message header or body. e.g. the GitHub web platform automatically converts issue ids (e.g. #123) to links referring to the related issue. For issues tracker like Jira there are plugins which also converts Jira tickets, e.g. Jirafy.
[#123] Refer to GitHub issue…
CAT-123 Refer to Jira ticket with project identifier CAT…
… Fixes #123, #124