the definitive deep dive into the .git folder
Thanks for joining us for "the definitive deep dive into the .git folder". It's an incredible live-demo where we open every file in the .git folder and show what it does.
Here's the links we saw:
- git-explorer is a visualization tool I wrote to look not only at commits but at tree nodes and blob nodes inside the objects folder
- Stack Overflow answer about how to un-zlib-compress an object in the .git/objects folder
- Use a tool to symlink
.git/hooksfiles into a place that you can commit and share:
- Stack Overflow answer about what's in the
- gin is a Python program for reading the
- Nick Quaranto has an excelent post on git ready with a good summary of all the files in the
.gitfolder, and a great review of this talk
Hit me up on Twitter @rob_rich and let's continue chatting!