These scripts are for people who want an alternative to the official Slackware provided
Why would you want that?
- To be able to create Slackware packages with root-owned files, even when run as a regular user.
- To be able create Slackware packages on non-Slackware based systems without the need to port Pkgtools and its dependencies (e.g. tar-1.13). Some examples being:
- Projects (or proprietary software vendors) that want to be able to provide binary Slackware packages, where their build/packaging system is on another distro.
- People who want to pair a package creation script with spkg to use as a secondary package manger on a non-Slackware based distro. This gives the advantage of simple packaging scripts (.SlackBuilds) for additional, self-compiled software.
Two versions are provided:
- fmakepkg: This is longer and more heavily commented and provides some level of options compatibility with the official
makepkg, so that it can be used as a drop in replacement.
- mkpkg: A shorter script with no options compatibility with the official
Both scripts do everything within a single function. This was done so that either function could be easily copied and pasted into other scripts (e.g. my latest-vivaldi, latest-opera, latest-chrome, latest-firefox and latest-skype scripts).
DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, December 2004 Copyright (C) 2018 Ruarí Ødegaard, Olso, Norway Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long as the name is changed. DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION 0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.