Project PyMoles (WIP name)
Early development tech demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4nAa8ldoYE
I wanted to create a multiplayer video game where you shoot other players and the terrain, with lots of nice particle effects.
Here is what I would like in the game:
- Destroyable blocks with particles
- Peer to Peer
- Some kind of NAT hole puncher. (Get around port forwarding)
- Some kind of uPnP (Not a priority, auto-detects users on current LAN)
- Players can connect to one another by typing an IP address
- Players can use a centralised server instead to connect to a username (requires an account)
- When a player connects to another player, they can either:
- Request that the recipient joins their world.
- Request to join the recipient's world, or the world they are connected to.
- Guns: Many different types with properties.
- Ammo pickups - No need to pick up a weapon, just ammo for it - game assumes the gun is in the ammo.
- Placeable mines
- Projectiles / Grenades
- Building - There are no plans to add building to the game, except mine placing