GSoC 2018 Final Submission Report - Find Enhancements
The aim of this project was to enhance the search and replace functionality of xi editor. I extended xi editor to allow search using regular expressions, replacements of matched strings and multiple search queries. Additionally, I integrated a more advanced interface for find and replace into xi-mac as well as highlighting matching text in opened documents.
- Outsource find logic from
view.rsinto separate file: #649
- Plan and implement new RPCs for Find:
- Sending and processing the find status sent from backend to frontend: #190, #688, #687
- Search using regular expressions in xi editor: #658
- Support "Selection for find": #701, #202
- Support "Add next to selection": #704, #203
- Support "Split Selection into Lines": #239, #770
- Plan and implement Replace functionality: #720, #207
- Discussion: #664
- Implement an interface for find and replace into xi-mac:
- Discussion and Planning: #179
- Implementation was iterative and distributed over many commits
Work in Progress
This work is currently under review.
- Minor improvement of regex search to avoid the copy based on
- Colorizing of results based on groupings when using regular expressions
- Search all files in directory or workspace
- Currently the colors for highlighting multiple search queries are hardcoded. It would be better to allow loading of custom themes that define these colors.