Frequently asked questions:
- Why shouldn't i use mysql? / mongo?
- Should I use jinja, I read it's faster?
- Should I use sqlalchemy, I read it's superior?
- How do i make this thing happen in parallel/not wait for xxx to finish?
- Why does django ask for a default? (But my table has no data in it wtf django!?!)
- FunkyBob | I think, perhaps, it's time I wrote a blog post on "why does a migration adding a field need a default?"
- Why do I need to commit my migrations? Why can't I just run makemigrations on the server?
- migrations are source, makemigrations is a helper which takes you part way
- i've seen people accidentally lose their migrations on production… oops now what?
- Why can't I just use locals() for template contexts?
Frequently encountered issues:
- lack of trailing slash: redirect causing issues with comparisons & tests; POSTs…
- staticfiles_dirs contains static_root
If you want to know why, http://jepsen.io/ has comprehensive analysis of the issues with MongoDB and MySQL (look at the MariaDB analysis).