Why take a cert?
2017 Study Done by Pearson Vue
Which of the following benefits did you receive from completing your certification?
- Received positive impact on my professional image/reputation 64.9%
- Moved into a career in IT 22.6%
- Helped me get a salary increase 17.7%
- Found a job 15.5%
- Got a promotion 12.5%
How did achieving a certification help you most in your job?
- Helped me to perform complex tasks more confidently 36.9%
- Helped improve the ratings I achieved in my performance review 21.6%
- Helped me introduce efficiencies into my job role (e.g. time/budget) 21.4 %
- Helped me take on management responsibilities 7.6%
Who paid for the most recent exam?
- Employer 56.1%
- Self-paid 30.5%
What will be on the cert?
Skills Measured section
- Design a DevOps strategy (20-25%)
- Implement DevOps development processes (20-25%)
- Implement continuous integration (10-15%)
- Implement continuous delivery (10-15%)
- Implement dependency management (5-10%)
- Implement application infrastructure (15-20%)
- Implement continuous feedback (10-15%)
What resources can I use to prep?
- Microsoft Docs
- Learning Paths - linked from exam page
- Instructor lead training
- Learning Plan - https://aka.ms/devopslearningplan
- MeasureUp - https://www.measureup.com/
- Exams get updated regularly. We typically notify folks in advance to the release of a new exam, and then run the new exam in parallel with the old one for 90 days. If you are looking to take a certification you can usually mix and max old and new exams.
- Schedule an exam date - this will provide a forcing function/goal to get ready to take the exam.
- Put study time on your calendar.
- Exams can be taken in person or at home.
- Exams are 40-60 questions
- Some questions can be worth more than one points
- Answer all the questions
- No penalty for guessing
- Some questions cannot be skipped
- Mark items for review if you are not sure of the questions.
- Questions come from a pool that is rotated all the time.
- Need a 700 to pass, not a 70%, and need a passing score in each of the exam skills section.
- Not all multiple choices, hands on and case study questions also.
- Exam Policies - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-exam-policies.aspx