You're hereby invited to Oslo Perl Monger's first hackathon in 2012!
- Topic: Perl 6 Patterns
- Venue: Redpill Linpro's classrooms, Vitaminveien 1A, Oslo, Norway
- When: Friday April 20th to Sunday April 22nd 2012
- Activities: Hacking on Perl 6-related things, socializing, fun
- GPS Coordinates: 59.945866 N 10.777695 E
- Map URL: http://g.co/maps/h2hbx (All important locations)
- Info URL: https://gist.github.com/1711730
- Participation cost: Free!
The preliminary schedule: https://gist.github.com/1711730#file_oslo_perl6_hackathon_2012_schedule.mkd
Oslo Perl Mongers' organizers are Jan Ingvoldstad (frettled), Karl Rune Nilsen (krunen) and Salve J. Nilsen (sjn).
What does one do at a hackathon? The short answer is * ;). The long answer: Whatever is necessary, interesting, fun or useful to do when you get an opportunity to work with someone in the same room as yourself. It's useful to have some opportunities to handle issues that require high- bandwidth communication, and hackathons are one of those. You'll also get opportunities to meet core Perl 6 hackers and learn or improve your knowledge of the language.
As for the topic, it's a guideline. We as organizers would like to see more people hack on Perl 6-related projects, and have realized that it would be useful to spend some attention on making it easier to recruit new people. This might mean we spend some time making cool examples to use in promotional material, to look for patterns in the language that can be used to make it easier to teach Perl 6, or to create the words and images that let people recognize we have something utterly cool going on in the Perl 6 community.
We want Perl 6 to be understandable and easily teachable to both students and experienced developers and teachers. We'd love to spend some time improving this aspect of the language.
If you'd like to participate, register above! :)
And failing that, remember: Do something cool, and tell about it! :D
Too keep up-to-date with the preparations, check out our status gist on github: https://gist.github.com/1711730.
Our internal notes: https://gist.github.com/1848654.
- Moritz Lenz: Upcoming Perl 6 Hackathon in Oslo, Norway
- Jonathan Worthington: Back from vacation, hackathon coming up!
- Tadeusz Sośnierz: Plans for the Perl 6 Hackathon in Oslo
- Moritz Lenz: Perl 6 Hackathon in Oslo: Be Prepared!
- Jan Ingvoldstad: Oslo.pm Perl 6 Patterns Hackathon 2012
- Jonathan Worthington: Hackathoning in Oslo
- Moritz Lenz: Perl 6 Hackathon in Oslo: Report From The First Day
- Jan Ingvoldstad Pslo.pm Patterns Hackathon pictures
- Carl Masak: Revenge of the Oslo hackathon
- Moritz Lenz: Perl 6 Hackathon in Oslo: Report From The Second Day
- Tadeusz Sośnierz: Back from Oslo
- Jan Ingvoldstad: Post-hackathon thoughts
Finally, we'd like to thank our sponsors: Jan Ingvoldstad IT, NUUG Foundation and Oslo Perl Mongers. If you'd like to help make this event better, please get in touch with us.
See you in Oslo!
- Jan Ingvoldstad (frettled)
- Karl Rune Nilsen (krunen)
- Salve J. Nilsen (sjn)