This was my environment and are therefore details you'll need to change:
- I was using
lsiotesting.danb.meas the main domain for swag.
- I was hosting bookstack on a subdomain of that (
- I was storing my docker mounted files at
/root/docker(Verly likely bad practice but was easy place for testing).
I was on a fresh Ubuntu 20.04.1 instance on digitalocean, with
docker-compose installed via apt.
- I pointed both my main domain (
lsiotesting.danb.me) and my bookstack domain (
bookstack.lsiotesting.danb.me) at my server IP address.
- I added the above docker-compose.yml onto the server.
- I ran
docker-compose upwith the above compose.
- After a few mins, once the output of (3) had calmed down (After it had migrated the bookstack database and fetched the HTTPS certs) I stopped docker-compose to bring down the containers.
- Within the
$SWAG_MOUNT_FOLDER_PATH/nginx/proxy-confsfolder, I activated the bookstack config:
mv bookstack.subdomain.conf.sample bookstack.subdomain.conf
- I restarted the containers.
- BookStack instance all live on https at