Problem: Your wallet or masternode stops syncing the blockchain
How do I know? You notice that your block count (found with
getblockcount) is not increasing with the chain.
# This is a testnet block example # An example from my test masternode, note, I have my configuration and datadir in non-upstream-default locations [root@f2500 ~]# sudo -u dash dash-cli -conf=/etc/dashcore/dash.conf -datadir=/var/lib/dashcore getblockcount 118800
How do I fix it?
- Browse to one of those explorers, and search for that block. https://test.explorer.dash.org/search?q=118800
- Choose tDash (of course), it takes me here: https://test.explorer.dash.org/block/0000004b5f21a8a6ce79dd3fcb674f6a0b1f5dc089b03b20c14d27fcc60900b8
- Copy the block hash. In my example:
- On the effected system run
[root@f2500 ~]# sudo -u dash dash-cli -conf=/etc/dashcore/dash.conf -datadir=/var/lib/dashcore mnsync reset success
- Then "reconsider" that last block with
[root@f2500 ~]# sudo -u dash dash-cli -conf=/etc/dashcore/dash.conf -datadir=/var/lib/dashcore reconsiderblock 0000004b5f21a8a6ce79dd3fcb674f6a0b1f5dc089b03b20c14d27fcc60900b8 [root@f2500 ~]#
Start watching the blockcount, it should increment.
watch sudo -u dash dash-cli -conf=/etc/dashcore/dash.conf -datadir=/var/lib/dashcore getblockcount
- If you get a
Block not founderror after using the
reconsiderblockcommand, you either typo'ed or you need to
reindexyour blockchain (probably on a fork)
If you are running
dashd the daemon:
# Do this as root systemctl stop dash sudo -u dash dashd -conf=/etc/dashcore/dash.conf -datadir=/var/lib/dashcore -reindex ``do -u dash dash-cli -conf=/etc/dashcore/dash.conf -datadir=/var/lib/dashcore stop
If you are running GUI wallet instead
- exit from the GUI interface
- and then run it again, but this time from the commandline, and with the -reindex option: