Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 ounces butter, cut into cubes (or ½ cup coconut oil)
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream or full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In the Instant Pot, add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, paprika, garam masala, cumin, and salt. Mix thoroughly, then place the chicken pieces on top of the sauce.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Manual or Pressure Cook, and adjust the pressure to High. Cook for ten minutes.
- When the cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally. (~15min)
- Add the butter, cream, and cilantro. Stir until well incorporated.
- Optional: add ¼ teaspoon of xanthan gum to thicken up the sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, etc.
Based on this
keto, recipe, indian, instantpot