I've been working with Apache Kafka for over 7 years. I inevitably find myself doing the same set of activities while I'm developing or working with someone else's system. Here's a set of Kafka productivity hacks for doing a few things way faster than you're probably doing them now.
- Show me all my Kafka topics and their partitions, replicas, and consumers
- Show me the contents of a topic
- Create a Kafka topic
- Produce messages to a Kafka topic
- Validate the schema of messages before producing to a topic
- Do all of this at a distance