Brewery Design Problem
- The brewery application manages physical inventory, a library of beer recipes, and production of beer.
- The production system supervises the creation, movement and bottling of beer.
- Beer is made according to a recipe which specifies ingredients and amounts.
- Ingredients are mixed in a mixing vat to create a batch of beer. After a batch is mixed, it is moved to a fermenting vat, where readings of its specific gravity will be taken daily.
- While fermenting, beer temperature will be monitored and kept within a tolerance of the temperature as specified in a recipe.
- After it has finished fermenting, beer is moved to another vat to settle, then moved again to a bottling vat where it is bottled on an external bottling line.
- The brewery includes a network of interconnected pipes and vats, an inventory of ingredients, a collection of recipes, and batches of beer both in production and already bottled.