Fire Roasted Eggplant Mash
- Fire roast eggplants on gas stovetop or anywhere that allows the eggplant to be in direct contact with fire. I tried using a grill once and it just did not work out. Each eggplant takes about ~15 minutes total so if you can multi task across stovetops, you can parallelize this.
- Take the eggplants out of the stovetop and into a large bowl and let them cool down for at least ~20 minutes.
- You have the option of fire roasing the peppers similar to the eggplant or just chopping them so do whichever one you prefer.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Once the eggplants have had the time to cool, you can finally peel off the burnt skin from them. They should come off easily if the eggplant got enough time to roast.
- Once peeled, the eggplants are ready to be mashed. Just regular fork should do the trick for this. Once mashed, you can throw in chopped peppers, chopped cilantro, drizzle in the mustard oil and put salt according to your liking.
- They are ready. They are good warm or cold and can stay in the fridge for 3 days so you can make a batch.