Chromebox Single-App Kiosk Mode
Configure Chromebox to auto-launch a Chrome app when device is turned on. App will launch automatically without login or prompt.
To enable kiosk mode for a web page, the third-party Kiosk app is a great option.
- Wipe data on Chromebook
- Turn off Chromebox
- Press "Reset" button with paperclip or pin
- Press recovery button while turning on device
CTRL + D
- Press recovery button again, device resets and displays alert
CTRL + D, device resets and wipes data, may take up to 10 minutes
ENTERto disable developer mode when startup screen appears
- Connect to network but do not log in when device returns to welcome screen
CTRL + ALT + Kat login screen to enable kiosk mode
- Log in
- Open chrome and go to
- Check box next to Developer Mode
- Click "Add Kiosk Application" and enter App ID of desired kiosk app
- Highlight desired app and select "Auto Launch"
- Click "Done"
- Reboot device when prompted
Disable Kiosk Mode
- Restart device
CTRL + ALT + Swhen device is booting to exit kiosk mode and go to login screen